Monday, February 28, 2011

A Wet Nightmare

Inspired by water and steam, this poem is dedicated to all the books, clothes and water sensitive things we lost in the Epic flood of B-Mid....

This poem is dedicated to the "Awesome" Hostel we live in,

"A WET NIGHTMARE"
- The Great Flood Of B-mid.

Water! Water! Everywhere,
But not a drop to drink.
And it's not even a corridor party,
Nor a clog in the sink.

I arrived shocked, one night,
To B-mid corridor,
And found shin deep water rushing fast,
In right under my door,

With haste I awoke, two sleeping beauties,
From Oh Five and Oh Seven,
Who spend the night swabbing water,
Till waaaayyy past eleven,

Alas! T'was, That 'Old Unfaithful',
The Geyser's pipe had broke,
Which resulted in many a B-midder's,
Clothes and Stuff be Soak'd

The Bustle and rush, To Plug the leak,
Was beyond Guard's Empathy,
We made the most of it(The Johnite Way),
And had a steam bath for FREE!!!
-Regan Anthony Fernandes


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me.... Like Duh!

My photo
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Ever look back at some thing you wrote or did years ago that you totally loathe because you aren't the person who wrote or did it anymore. That's how I felt as I was going through my old posts. and it'll probably be like that when I read this stuff later. Statutory Warning: Any people having preconcieved notions of Student doctors as goodie too shoes and as being solely book-worms are advised against the Shock they may undergo on reading this blog.